the angel smiled upon me today…
can’t believe it! it has been more than a year since i last wrote! what happened? too too many roller coaster rides up till yesterday! i was hoping for a less exciting 2013. will i? i hope..
looking forward to cny and a really good rest and spending time by the pool!
for now i am just going to enjoy the pistachio chewy cookies hot from my oven…
190g pistachios (raw, shelled)
100g almond meal
90g caster sugar
1 to 2 egg whites
Icing sugar (for dusting)
1. Lightly toast the pistachios for 5 minutes* in a preheated oven at 160c. Chop the first 90 grams of pistachio finely and the other 100 grams of pistachios roughly.
2. In a bowl place the finely chopped 90g of pistachios, almond meal, sugar and egg whites. Mix well until a paste is formed.
3. Scoop the cookie batter and form into little balls (if you find the batter too sticky add a bit more almond meal to the paste) then roll them in the remaining 100 grams of pistachios.
4. Place then in a baking sheet, around 2 cm apart and bake for 13 minutes at 170°C (fan forced).
5. Dust with icing sugar when cool.